Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWD - Win Some, Win Some More


I was game to try this week's baking project from Tuesdays With Dorie, Thanksgiving Twofer Pie. This interesting dessert was chosen by Vibi of La casserole carrée. Her blog has a lovely picture of the completed pie as well as the recipe.

However, I was overruled by the pie eaters in my family. Canadian Thanksgiving was weeks ago, and if my family doesn't see another pumpkin ingredient for eleven months, that will suit them just fine.

So, second choice, I made Cranberry Lime Galette from pages 364-365 of Dorie Greenspan's Baking From my home to yours .

I'm so glad I made this recipe because I got to use Dorie's Good For Almost Everything Pie Dough. It's a great dough, very straightforward and easy for a fumbler like me to make. Clara of I Heart Food 4 Thought has the recipe and some very clear photos of the steps on her blog.

I padded the filling with some raspberries and a few scoops of my homemade strawberry jam. It was delicious. I will definitely use this crust and recipe to galette my way through Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.