Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWD - Linzer Sables



Yay cookies! This is a food group I have much success with baking. Linzer Sables was the recipe chosen by noskos of Living the Life. His blog has the complete recipe as well as an appetizing picture of the cookie.

As with all first time recipes, I learned alot and would improved many thing next time. And there will be a next time. It's a delicious spicy little cookie with a sweet jammy centre.

The first change I would make next time is to grind my nuts finer. I think the texture of the not-too-fine nuts was slightly wrong.

The only other improvement I'd make is to roll the cookies thinner than the suggested 1/4 inch. Since the cookies are doubled in making the sandwich, each mouthful was a bit too much.

My family loved the taste and perhaps next time I'll add a little more jam to each cookie because we all had serious sweet tooths.

Enjoy this cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.