Wednesday, December 24, 2008

TWD - Real Butterscotch Pudding


Sorry for posting a day late. Too much family stuff, too many holiday preparations! I've lost track of time.
This week's recipe comes from Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews and Suitcases who chose Real Butterscotch Pudding for us. Her blog has not only the full recipe, but many lovely photos. The recipe can also be found on page 386 in Baking: From My Home To Yours.

I've never made pudding from scratch and I've never made anything that was flavoured butterscotch from scratch. I had no idea that real scotch whiskey was involved! What a good idea that was. Every spoonful carried a subtle aromatic hint of that flavour.

When I'm not so rushed, I'm going to try this one again. I think there was too much corn starch and the pudding overthickened. Otherwise, it was an interesting expreience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.