Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TWD - Tall and Creamy Cheesecake



Today's recipe for Tall and Creamy Cheesecake was chosen from Dorie's cookbook, Baking: From my Home to Yours by Anne Strawberry. The complete recipe and photos of her peppermint version of the cheesecake can be found on her website.

Quick - someone throw a party and invite me to bring a dessert. I need an excuse to make this cake again as soon as possible, without finding the cake in the fridge every morning. But it does make a tasty breakfast!

This was the best cheesecake I've ever had. It was so creamy and light, you just want to eat piece after piece.

There's not much to say about this recipe. It was very simple. I've never done the bain-marie (water bath) before, but had no problems though some other bakers reported leakage.

Following a suggestion from some members of the baking group, I beat the heavy cream 2/3 towards whipped cream before adding it. I think this aided in the lightness of the cake.

I used ShaSha Bakery's Spelt Cocoa Snaps for the crust. My family loves the taste of these cookies and they didn't disappoint as a crust and flavourful counterpoint to the cheese filling.

I've really enjoyed these first few months of baking on Tuesdays with Dorie's fans. The simple and delicious galette crust will be a staple in my repetoire. The Tall and Creamy Cheesecake will be my new party favour.

I look forward to all the sweet treat Tuesdays to come in 2009.
Happy New Year to all!

(And I'll try to fix the comments section which I'm aware doesn't work.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.