Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TWD - Fresh Ginger & Chocolate Gingerbread



This week's recipe was chosen by Heather of Sherry Trifle. Her blog will have the full recipe.

Let's call this the cake that everyone liked, but no one ate. In this house, it's not often that any dessert gets thrown out, but nearly half of this cake had to be tossed. It seemed that by the next day, this rich, moist cake had turned very dry. I, personally, think there was too much chocolate in it. It wasn't too chocolately in taste, but all that chopped chocolate seemed to have sucked the moisture out of the cake.

As well, while everyone else said they enjoyed the ginger, I found it overwhelming. I love a good ginger snap, but this cake seemed to have overdosed my taste buds.

Ah, well. Wait for next week when the fight for last World Peace Cookie almost starts a war in my kitchen!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like it was good while it lasted, though! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To much chocolate?!?!?!?

    Never!

    I lessened the ginger content, and it turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Next time, I'd half the amount of fresh chopped ginger. It's taste was very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to leave out the fresh ginger...I just used the ground spices and it was nice! Maybe you'd like it better that way??? Just a thought. Still, your cake turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad it turned dry. I will double wrap mine in plastic and see if I can save mine. Yours looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.