Monday, March 16, 2009

TWD - French Yogurt Cake



I love a good sponge cake. This cake is more than that, so there's more to love. It was moist and rich and nutty. The recipe was easy as can be. I had a little trouble getting it out of the loaf pan. That might have been because once I put it on the cooling rack, I forgot about it. Next time I'll add a strip of waxed paper, in case I get distracted again.

The other thing I forgot was a jar of marmalade. After checking the blogroll to see what others were doing, I made a lemon curd and mixed most of it into a cup of whipped cream. I love yellowy whipped cream!

As you can see, the presentation ended up looking like a poached egg on cake, but so what. I tasted great and I will definitely add this cake to my dessert list.

Many thanks to Liliana of My Cookbook Addiction for suggesting this dessert. The complete recipe can be found on her blog.

11 comments:

  1. Your cake looks wonderful, Clivia! I ended up skipping the glaze as well, but your lemon curd and whipped cream were just as delicious as any glaze I bet :) What a beautiful glass juicer, does it have an interesting history?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That particular juicer was my father's mother's. I have a small collection of them. I love old glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake (and plate) are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey neighbour,
    I think the lemon curd and whipped cream are absolutely perfect with this cake. Good call.
    I was worried about it sticking too - and flipped them out as soon as they came out of the oven. Seemed to work - this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!!! I totally thought that was a poached egg! It looks gorgeous and I'm glad that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon curd and whipped cream. Great idea. The cake is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks wonderful. I bet the lemon curd was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cake looks lovely Clivia - best looking "poached egg" I've ever seen, LOL. The plate on which it is presented is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought of mixing lemon curd into whipped cream but it sounds delicious! Your cake looks so yummy. I love that plate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake looks delicious! The "poached egg" on top is a trick for the eye. I once saw a chef on tv who specializes in tricking the eye with food. I really like this cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.