Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hide and Seek Dacquoise



I called this cake Hide and Seek because everyone in the family took two pieces, one to eat immediately and one to hide away for later. We really are a family that doesn't trust each other with dessert. We have learned from experience!

The recipe that inspired this cake is Frozen White Chocolate and Hazelnut Dacquoise from Epicurious.com. I am a devotee of this site. Their database contains every ingredient I'd ever want to use.

When I got my first post-university job, I also got a subscription to Gourmet. That was my fantasy reading. Oh, to debone a turkey! To make the perfect linzer torte! To complete a dacquoise!

Here I am, three decades later, making my first dacquoise. Why now? Every "Dorie" baker knows the answer - a container full of egg whites from this month's baking projects.

My changes to the recipe were that I used one layer of white chocolate mousse and one of dark. It turned out really well. Doesn't it look good?

1 comment:

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.