Tuesday, August 25, 2009

TWD - Creamiest Lime Cream Meringue Pie


Oh my! Pie! To the Tuesdays With Dorie bakers who have already made and enjoyed this pie, nothing more needs to be said. They know the extent of the sublime deliciousness that is this pie.

Made with fresh limes - peel and juice - fresh grated ginger, eggs and lots of butter, this is the best cream pie I've ever tasted or ever expect to taste. Rather than taming the lime with too much sugar, Dorie livens it with a good tablespoon of fresh grated ginger. The mix of the two flavours is exhilarating and unforgettable.

Many thanks to Linda of the blog Tender Crumb for this exquisite selection.

9 comments:

  1. Your meringue looks divine, Clivia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good that I wish I had some left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks good. We enjoyed it a lot. I think yours looks pretty perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exhilarating is a great way to describe the flavor of this pie, so delicious. Your meringue looks fabulous, love the swirls. I think mine looked high 'cos it was in a very flat tart pan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at those peaks and that pie .. I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pie looks fabulous. Great meringue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pie looks great, that meringue is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Clivia! It looks so good, I wish I had a piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.