Thursday, October 15, 2009

MSC - Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes/ Muffins


I would like to apologize for every snide comment I've made about Martha Stewart. Her deep attention to detail, her obsession with every seasonal turn of the calendar, her perky blond hair. She has earned the right to be as Martha as she likes. This is the third recipe I've made as part of the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club. Each recipe has been better than the last. They are all perfect and delicious.

If you go to the What the Whisk, the blog of Kim, an experienced baker, You'll see that she's given this recipe the full Martha touch, right down to making marzipan pumpkins. Hers are so beautiful, I'm glad I didn't even try.

Here it's post-Thanksgiving and we're still downing the last of the pumpkin pie - there's turkey soup for dinner - so I didn't bother with frosting for these cupcakes. They are perfect on their own. My only tweak was to use fresh grated ginger which gave them a bit livelier taste.

I'm sorry that I earlier in the month I didn't get around to posting my Martha Stewart Banana Pecan cupcakes with caramel icing. They were very delicious and I've never tasted anything like the icing with homemade caramel stirred in. Perfection! Here's a photo of this cupcake.

18 comments:

  1. Both your cupcakes look delicious. I'm glad the family enjoyed them. You are too sweet with your praise. The pumpkins were surprisingly easy to make. Thanks for baking along with me this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these were great even without icing. A bit muffin-ish, but it's all good.

    Mmmmm - pumpkin pie.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree! martha's recipes are awesome! i have so many of her cookbooks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin cupcakes/muffins are great additions to the Thanksgiving table. Wish I was there! ;)

    And look at that Banana-Pecan cupcake! I want a bite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really made these look delicious - in a non-frosted/glam way. I agree, no frosting was even needed - they were almost like muffins - mine were rather "dense"... but good! Both of yours look fantastic - so glad you made them... now, for "sweet potatoes".... hm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, with a review of the Martha Cupcake book like that, I really want it now. But I want her cookie book first.
    The banana ones sound SO good and the zucchini and...well, sounds like I just need the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Clivia...these cupcakes look DIVINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything pumpkin- these look perfect. no frosting needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you left the frosting off and enjoyed them with your post-Thanksgiving leftovers! They look fantastic! I am loving this cupcake book too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I would like to apologize for every snide comment I've made about Martha Stewart." LOL... delicious cupcakes bring out our darkest confessions! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE pumpkin, these look great. And Martha can be pretty fabulous. Although it takes a lot of people to make her so fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am falling in love with pumpkin puree. Never used it before until I made some cheesecake squares with it, and now I'm a convert. I'll have to give these a go soon.

    If you like MS's cupcakes, check out her Cookies book. I've yet to make a recipe from that book that ISN'T fabulous. I'm literally salivating right now thinking of the PB whoopie pies.

    Lovely blog, nice to see a fellow Canadian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that sounds labor intensive - homemade caramel and then the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also like to make fun of Martha, but the woman knows her stuff. Great looking cupcakes - I agree, they are good unfrosted too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.