Friday, January 15, 2010

MSC - Coconut Cupcakes


I am learning to love cupcakes. I've always enjoyed eating them, but I'm finally getting into the spirit of preparing and decorating the fussy little beasts.

Of all the recipes we've tackled in the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club, this is by far the best. These coconut cupcakes have body without being muffin-dense. They are moist with the addition of unsweetened coconut milk. (Please don't tell me how many calories that adds!)

They weren't too sweet until I mounded them with Seven Minute Frosting. By the way, am I the only one for whom Seven Minute Frosting always takes 14 minutes?

You may notice that my photos for both blog posts this week are following a theme. Yes, I've taken my food outside, perhaps wishing these rich treats far away from my table, and sat them in the snow.

Many thanks to Jennifer at Cinema Cupcakes for choosing the recipe. It's a keeper! Next time I won't bother with the frosting.
*********
I hope everyone will go over to Eliana's blog A Chica Bakes. Your comments will add to her effort to donate to the Haitian Relief Effort on behalf of all of us.

18 comments:

  1. These look like perfect little snowballs!

    Gorgeous! And I bet they are VERY tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut cupcakes are my son's favorite. Yours are gorgeous.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, I did, too!

    And don't worry, my 7 Minute Frosting also took 14 minutes. :)

    Love your picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like snowballs outside! I think frosting cupcakes is less daunting than frosting an entire cake. Plus they're just cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cupcakes! And I love that you took a picture outside. However, either it would be -30 or now - since it's warmed up - everything is that nice colour of muddy snow. Oh - I'm in Calgary btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful! I wonder - if you put them in the snow, would anyone be able to spot them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cupcakes look so good! That is exactly what I had hoped mine would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuppys al fresco! Works for me. And they are good without frosting, too.

    YOurs are pretty sitting in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mounded frosting! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cupcakes look spectacular! I was also ready to get away from the spice cupcakes aka muffins. My frosting also took as long as yours did...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cupcakes look like snowballs! Love it! I liked these cupcakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fussy little beasts! I love that - but they are a beast that can be tamed in several bites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine took more than 7 mins too, yr ccakes are so cute cupcakes reminds me of snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, my 7 minute frosting took 10 1/2 minutes...LOL. Yours look lovely, and I agree, I have always thought all those fancy cupcakes were fussy little beasts, but I am keeping it minimal and just enjoying the flavors. The coconut cupcake has to be my most favorite EVER!
    Yours look so wonderful and I love how you styled them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful "fussy little beasts." I forgot to time my frosting...now I wonder. Nice job on these cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haaa! great minds think alike! I had loads of snow out in the garden and what better way to photograph these lovely darlings, than in the snow, right? Oh and as a "professional baker" of sorts, i'm glad that i'm not the only one that uses more like 11 minutes to get this together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely agree with you about these - no need for frosting, they were absolutely delicious on their own :) Yours look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.