Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MSC - S'mores Cupcakes


Sorry for posting this a day late! It's been a frantic month so far with a sick dog who had a kidney removed. This weekend we were finally able to catch our breath, nurse the invalid and watch a bit of the Olympics.

Martha Stewart says these should be served immediately. I think she's referring to the marshmallow frosting (which I didn't make) but it's equally true of the cake. Even fresh, this was a dense, chewy cupcake. Very much a muffin. All that was lacking were raisins or any dried fruit. I suspect they'd make a healthy breakfast, but I'd still prefer bran to the taste of the graham flour.

I made Martha's Swiss Meringue Buttercream and dripped my leftover ganache onto it.

I hope you'll check out Mare's blog Meet Me In The Kitchen. She chose this recipe and has some lovely photos of her cupcakes.

18 comments:

  1. I could just picture me sinking my teeth into that yummy cupcake! I hope your doggy is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this looks delicious! That ganache drizzle is pure sinful!

    I hope your dog is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing this recipe for a while, now I know I will need to make some changes to get what I think is a S'more cupcake.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, especially with the caramel drizzle! I hope your dog is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your dog is better! Your frosting with ganache looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to what you said about the texture of the cupcakes. Mine even went beyond muffin to so dense we couldn't eat them. Love the way you decorated these - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They look beautiful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never mind the cupcakes - how's the pup? I hope he/she is recovering nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, they didn't last very long. Wish I had done what MaryAnn did and use real marshmallows. They were pretty tho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy looking cupcake!
    Had to visit your blog because your comment on Mimi's blog today was so funny! So glad I did!

    Hope your dog is much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good-looking cupcakes there, my friend. Buttercream and ganache frosting? Wow, you're killing me.

    Thanks for baking along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry your dog was sick! :(

    Your cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry this is a WEEK late! These look great! Mine were a complete flop... but I always go to MS's swiss buttercream frosting.. it's a safe bet! The drizzled topping is a nice touch - to a "healthy" cupcake! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I have seen so many of those yummy looking cupcakes! Yours looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't be sorry... I enjoy this much more than wheat and honey cookies! LOL

    Very mouthwatering, Clivia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor puppy. Sad 'cause they cannot tell you how they feel.

    Cuppys are pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.