Friday, April 16, 2010

MSC - Jumbo Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes


I made these for my daughter's birthday. If you scroll down a bit you'll find a picture of her contemplating one.

It was a very easy recipe that definitely replicated the taste of a certain commercial brand of filled cupcake. That's a polite way of saying they would have benefited from a stronger chocolate flavour.

I overfilled my muffin pan and the tops stuck a bit. So it was an easy choice of how to fill them. I sliced off the tops, hollowed out the bottoms, filled them and then stuck the tops back on. Very simple.

Did anyone else notice that by the next day the marshmallow filling had shrunk?

This recipe was chosen by Jess of the wonderful blog Cookbook Habit. I hope you'll take a minute and check out her blog. It's one I follow every week.

The recipe for these cupcakes is on Martha Stewart's website.

This one's part of my daughter's birthday greeting!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great! Happy birthday to your daughter by the way. 20, which means almost 21! I guess since I'm 20 as well, that's all I can think about. =]

    Lovely cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have eyed this recipe, but haven't made it yet. I'll remember to increase the chocolate when I do. They really look yummy.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh those look great!! I have that book. I need to cook from it more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I will have to look these up and give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter enjoyed them! They look fabulous :) I agree about the chocolate flavor - it was definitely lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were a big hit here with the guys, they disappeared in no time, I will be making them again, I am sure. I even learned how to make my own marshmallow fluff...incredibly easy. Yours look wonderful...love how you decorated the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Even though you say these could have been more chocolatey, I'm sure your cupcakes outshone the packaged version by quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - more chocolate, please! I didn't notice any filling shrinkage - that is interesting. I like your personalized birthday cupcakes. Thanks for baking along with me this month - and for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew, I should have made these. We simply have had so much baked stuff over the last week, something had to give and this slipped my mind. Looking at yours, I will keep them on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.