Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TWD - Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream

How do you like the photo of my delicious milk chocolate ganache ice cream? What's that? You don't see the photo? That's because a certain husband, who shall remain unnamed, ate the last scoop before I could take a picture. Really before it was properly solid enough to scoop.

You'll have to take my word for it that it was awesome. The family agreed that it was the best homemade ice cream ever. I used Lindt milk chocolate, then added both white chocolate and dark chocolate mini chips.

Even without a photo I had to post something because this recipe was chosen by Katrina of Baking and Boys! Katrina is one of my favourite bloggers. She's always got great recipes, interesting variations and, of course, lots of photos of her boys! She's a super mom and I admire her. So, if your visit to my blog feels incomplete without a picture, please go to her site and enjoy her ice cream post. See if you don't get hooked on her style.

I'm on vacation this week and typing this in a hotel room, hoping not to wake my companion. I'll fix any typos later.

10 comments:

  1. Haha ....husbands! Well you will just HAVE to make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the love, Clivia! Now you're making me want to make this AGAIN with milk chocolate. Glad to know it worked when Dorie said you can but it will be different. Seriously, I want to go check out my milk chocolate stash.
    Don't worry, my post made up for your lack of pictures. ;)
    Thanks for churning with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know it was good when it's gone before you can get a photo! Great idea to add white and dark chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this ice cream!!!! Glad you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! Ate the last scoop before a picture . . . but the chocolate ganache ice cream "is" that good. We are loving it too. Happy vacationing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, that has happened to me before. I think my family has learned their lesson. This was fabulous ice cream.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta hate when that happens! Your version sounds great though. Love the idea of adding a variety of chocolate chips. Smart one, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - your husband is relegated to the naughty corner. Glad that your family enjoyed thisicecream. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you really blame the hubby though? I mean with ice cream THIS good, who really CAN wait the 'necessary' time for it to harden? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny -- I know what it's like to have my baking disappear prematurely early!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.