Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

After the perfect summer in Ontario, there is an abundance of pumpkins.  I found a muffin recipe that has proven a real family pleaser.  The original recipe came from Epicurious.  I tweaked it to fit family tastes and what I had on hand.

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of ginger
pinch of allspice
pinch of salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin, fresh or canned
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease eighteen 1/2-cup muffin cups or line with muffin papers. Sift flours, spices and baking powder into a medium bowl. Stir sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs in large bowl until well mixed. Mix in dry ingredients, apples and chocolate chips. Place into prepared cups.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. What an intriguing recipe! I love how easy it is, and they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to see what my tuiles should have looked like, but I found these instead. They look fantastic, and I have lots of pumpkins and apples. I actually baked the last of the tuile batter today and they weren't as holey. I still used parchment, though.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate-I love all of those ingredients and have them on hand....maybe I should make this soon????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.