Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TWD - Caramel Pumpkin Pie

 Look at this lovely rustic pie.  Don't you wish it was Thanksgiving at your house tonight? 

While it seems to be a classic pumpkin pie, this dessert holds a surprise.  Pumpkin filling has been blended with a rum-infused caramel.  The addition of homemade caramel to the pumpkin puree brings a deeper flavour to the dessert.
This was an outstanding pie and it disappeared quickly from the table.

Of course, nobody was allowed to eat any until it had been properly photographed, both pie and slice.
If you're wondering what that tidbit is in the whipped cream, it's a piece of Translucent Maple Tuiles, a recipe that I don't believe has been chosen yet.  My turn is just around the corner.  Hmm... I wonder what I'll pick...

Many thanks to Janell of Mortensen Family Memoirs for choosing this pie and giving me another reason to be thankful for special family dinners.

Here's another look at the maple tuiles.



18 comments:

  1. I"m so jealous. I think I am the only TWD baker that messed this one up. And I'm not even sure what I did wrong! Help? Yours looks sooooo perfect (as usual). Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was not a favorite at our house. Ah well. Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pie and yummy too. Great combo.
    Burgundy chocolate is a delicious semi sweet chocolate chunk that can be purchased from King Arthur Flour. It is dangerous! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WAS wondering what that was in the center of the pie. Looks great. This was a great pie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome tuiles - great pics!
    and yummy looking pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really really great...nice and dark and deliciously comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you liked the pie! I love your photograph. The leaves in the background are so beautiful. We don't get much of that here.

    Thanks for baking along with me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sweet tooth says those tuiles would make perfect scoops for butterscotch pudding. Like chips and dip for the sugar fiend. But my sweet tooth has no restraint whatsoever. It's dragging me to Cheesecake Factory this weekend for pumpkin pecan cheesecake.

    I like the idea of pumpkin and caramel together. lovely pictures of a perfect pie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your pie turned out beautifully. And the maple tuiles sound like such an amazing garnish. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pie and the tuiles look wonderful! I skipped this one, but it sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, maple tuile and caramel pumpkin pie? Now that sounds like a yummy combination! Your pie looks terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maple tuiles....oh dear. That could be dangerous in my house!

    Your pie looks fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love making everyone wait while you take pictures? :~)

    Lovely presentation! And I do hope that you pick the tuiles, I've been wanting to try that recipe for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, nice job on the pie decorations. The tuiles sound intriguing. Glad you all enjoyed the pie, results were mixed around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You pie looks gorgeous Clivia, and as ever, I adore the photos of flowers from your garden. The tuiles look fabulous too - I am a little scared of making those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pie! I can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That first one is a perfect cover photo! Lovely pie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking caramel pumpkin! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.