Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Yogurt Bundt

Sorry, no Tuesdays with Dorie this week. Instead, I present a bundt cake. I'm still pouring over all the great recipes offered by The Food Librarian for this year's I Love Big Bundts Month. I got as far as Day 3 when I knew I had to make her Peanut Butter Sour Cream Bundt.
 
The only changes I made to the recipe were using Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and butter instead of margarine. I don't think either made a huge difference in taste.

This bundt tasted amazing! A rich creamy peanut butter flavour without too much sweetness. The texture was pound cake dense and moist. Instead of the recommended chocolate glaze, I melted down some leftover burnt caramel buttercream frosting in the microwave and poured it over the bundt. People were scraping it off the plate with their fingers.

This is a versatile bundt that could be "tarted up" in many delightful ways. It was also perfect as is.

Thank you to The Food Librarian for her successful and wildly imaginative 30 days of bundt baking!

I hope you'll come back next week when it's my turn to present the Tuesdays With Dorie recipe!

Peanut Butter-Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Glaze
Adapted from: Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman (page 130)


1 c sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
3 large eggs
2 t vanilla
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, softened (I used margarine)
1 c smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 c light brown sugar
1. Preheat over to 350. Prep a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Whisk sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Using the paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy (3-4 minutes). Scape down the sides.
5. With mixer on low, alternate 1/3 dry ingredients with the 1/2 sour cream mix; beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Scape down the sides of the bowl. Turn mixer onto medium-high and beat for 1 minute.
6. Put into Bundt. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then invert onto cookie sheet until completely cool.
The book has a Glaze recipe of 8 oz semi or bittersweet chocolate, 2 T butter, 3/4 c heavy cream.

One chopped Butterfinger bar is sprinkled over the glaze/ganache. Let cake set for at least 30 minutes before serving.

13 comments:

  1. I so love your bundt pan! So pretty. Glad you made this. I really liked it too! Your button is in the mail, by the way! - mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds tasty, and what a pretty bundt form! looking forward to your twd pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bundt Clivia - and sour cream and PB in one cake sounds irresistable. I am a little scared of the tuiles, but we'll have a shot. It's your big week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bundt! And how funny - I just had yogurt in the fridge waiting for something - and everyone loves peanut butter. Can't wait to give this one a try - so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! I love the idea of a peanut butter cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have to make all Mary's bundts just because you have such a great bundt pan! Love me some pb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! love that you used greek yogurt too- I love baking with it and then feeling virtuous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...I like the bundt recipe but I am having trouble focusing because I like the bundt pan shape so much..where did you get that???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't remember seeing this one on Mary's blog (which just goes to show how terrible my memory is), but it sounds like a keeper! Anything with peanut butter is ok in my book :) The bundt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous bundt!! And you already had me at peanut butter.

    By the way, I loved your TWD pick!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i didn't do twd either this week. I LOVE your bundt! and i'm glad to know this recipe works well w yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, My!! That looks fantastic!! I have to try this one. I don't bake cakes often because we can never finish them before they get stale. But this one wouldn't last with the PB in it.

    That is a beautiful cake pan!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sound heavenly! Must try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.