The Food Librarian's annual roundup of bundt cakes I Like Big Bundts. If you haven't been to her blog recently, you must go see all the beautiful bundt cakes she's been making. Some people like to go downtown and dream over the Christmas windows. I prefer to go to The Food Librarian's blog and moon over the bundts.
I adapted her Sour Cream Pumpkin Bundt for my recipe.
Sour Cream Chocolate Banana Bundt
Cut butter into the sugar and spice until crumbly.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs, room temp
1 cup banana puree
8 oz or 1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Prep 12-cup Bundt pan (I use Pam with Flour spray).
2. Make streusel and set aside.
3. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl.
4. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes with the paddle attachment).
5. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl.
6. Add banana, sour cream and vanilla.
7. With mixer on low, add in flour mixture until just combined.
8. Spoon half batter into pan.
9. Top with streusel mixture. Don't let streusel hit the sides of the pan.
10. Top with the rest of the batter.
11. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
12. Cool for 30 minutes in pan, then depan and cool completely.
13. Top with glaze of 2 ounces of melted bittersweet chocolate and 2 tablespoons of warm milk.