Monday, November 1, 2010

TWD - Peanuttiest Blondies

Is everyone else addicted to these?  They completely blew my diet two weeks in a row.  As long as they were in the house, I couldn't keep away from them.

This treat,  of course, is blondies.  I'd never even been tempted by a blondie until earlier this year when we made Chewy, Chunky Blondies.  With this latest recipe, I've gone from convert to fanatic.

I made a couple of flavour changes to the recipe.  Because I didn't have any salted peanuts, I used chopped hazelnuts.  I wanted their flavour to come through, so I left out the cinnamon.  I was very happy (twice!) with the results.  The hazelnuts were delicious and held their own with the chocolate chips.

Here's my cooking tip:  Dorie suggested lining the pan with a foil sling to ease the removal of the blondies from the pan.  The first time I baked these, the edges were very well done.  So the second time I made them, I folded over the foil to protect the edges.  The whole pan came out a lovely even toasted brown.
 This recipe was chosen by Nichi of the wonderful blog Bakeologie.  Please go to her blog for the recipe. 

Here's a final photo of my Fall garden.  There's a hidden bench at the back where no one can see me eat my treats.  Sshh...don't tell the children...

23 comments:

  1. Look really yummy and lovely pics! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. These are probably great with hazelnuts. You know what I think Nutella should make hazelnut/choc chips... they would make a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Hazelnuts sound really good, and I think you were right to leave out the cinnamon. I debated and then put it in, but wish I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My edges were a little overdone. I like your foil idea. Guess I will have to make another batch, it's all about perfecting a treat. I will also leave the cinnamon out. Fun photo--again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I wish I had a hidden bench at the back of a wonderful autumnal garden to eat my treats unseen. I agree these were way more addictive than your average blondies. Great job Clivia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip about the foil. I should have done that. Will keep that in mind for all future brownies. Yours look much more moist than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look perfect..sorry they blew your diet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always good to have a quiet place to enjoy something sweet! ;o) They were dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little hiding spot!
    And yes, these were insanely addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are worth blowing a diet and I don't say that lightly. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea about folding over the edges!! i'll try that next time as my edges got a bit... extra well done ;) they look thick and delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rarely line with foil but this time I did and I am so glad. They came out perfectly, and so much easier to clean up too and to get nice slices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always do a great job. YOu know, I love your tip about folding the foil over the edges. My edges were slightly more done. I love when you can pull the foil out thought and the brownies come out so easily!! Loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had used foil in my pan. What a brilliant idea to cover the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tip about using the foil to cover the edges - wish I'd done that. I thought I'd love these, but they were just ok for me. My husband, though? He ate a TON of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea with the foil on the edges. These would be great with the hazelnuts to use Nutella instead of pb. Hmmm? Ready for round three

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blondies look wonderful and so does your fall garden. That is a great tip, I felt like these got a lot of color but didn't seem quite done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bars look great, but I really come here for the little scenes you do with your food, those are always such fun to see and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazelnuts - yum! Katrina has a great idea with the Nutella...yikes, they sound too good to last long.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tip on folding the foil over! this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clivia, Looks great. Bring on the lbs. Your garden looks beautiful and I happen to love hazelnuts. Thanks for the post. B

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good going with folding the foil over the edges. Mine got too done on the edges.

    Yours looks delish and I think you have the perfect snack munching spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.