Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TWD - Mocha-Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake

 Guess who got a new bundt pan for Christmas?  Me.  Isn't it beautiful.  I love the swirl pattern.  Thank you, Lisa!

With a new pan to try out, I had to make a bundt for this rewind week.  The Mocha-Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake is one of my standards.  I love it because the ground walnuts add a rich flavour to the vanilla section of the cake.

Post-holiday, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by chocolate, so for the marbled layer instead of 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, I used one ounce plus three heaping tablespoons of Nutella, along with the coffee and instant espresso powder.  The taste was subtler than just chocolate and coffee.  It nicely complemented the walnut flavour.

I also always use soy milk with this recipe.  I don't know if it changes the flavour, but I like to use it in nut cakes.

The recipe was posted on Erin's blog When in Doubt...Leave at 350.  It's still there, so please click the link and give this cake a try.

I know I've missed a few Tuesdays this month.  A post of my bathroom renovation is coming.  Meanwhile, here's a photo of the Apple-Coconut Cake.  Amber at Combler du Monde chose this and has the recipe on her blog.
ALSO:  I still have 10% off coupons for online shopping at MapleSyrupWorld.com  If you'd like one, mention it in your comment and I'll get back to you.  Maple is a wonderful Winter flavour.  In our house, it's a Saturday flavour too!

13 comments:

  1. So jealous of your new bundt pan.

    Soooooooooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swirl pan! I only have one bundt pan and would love to start getting more. (I have to put them on my Amazon wish list or my husband will never get the hint.) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your new pan. I think one cannot have too many bundt pans. Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that bundt pan. I keep looking at that cake and ask how do I hint to my hubby. I think a photo of your cake might be a good starting place.

    I have a few bundt pans and in reality, I don't need more but I want this one. It is the prettiest of them all. (Like Snow White - the fairest of them all.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern of the new bundt pan! :) Your cake looks perfect! Nice choice on the Nutella as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to use nutella. I am also on chocolate overload.

    Beautiful bundt pan. Love the swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new bundt pan!!! I have a pretty standard one and though I don't need it, I want a more interesting one. Your cake looks fab. Sounds like you made a great substitution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous cake! Everything about it looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Bundt pan!! The mocha walnut bundt was so good. Nutella is a great addition to baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....that is truly a gorgeous cake!!!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love the new pan. That is so cool. How many bundt pans is too many for one person to own??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess I picked the right pan. It makes me want to roll marbles down the sides. Just me? Ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.