Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TWD - Chocolate Oatmeal Drops



Okay, I'm a week late.  I was busy baking and eating these cookies over and over.  They were delicious.  My palate has so changed that, now, if there's no cinnamon in my chocolate baked goods, I feel something is missing.

I made them with rolled oats.  My audience enjoyed them, but I kept wanting to spit out the hard flakes.  The second time I made them I used quick cooking oats.  Nice and chewy, so I made a note beside the recipe.

Many thanks to Caroline and Claire the sisters at Bake With Us for choosing this great cookie.

Sorry that I missed two recipes this months, but will get back on track for March. 

8 comments:

  1. They look especially good on the ladybug plate! I too have grown to love a touch of cinnamon with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this recipe--looks like I better make it, with quick cooking oats. Thanks for the tip. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the chocolate with cinnamon. It reminds me of hot chocolate somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest plate! I didn't love the texture of these, I kept wanting something to contrast with the oats. For some reason I had trouble staying on track with TWD in February too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to make a note of that --using quick oats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look delicious. They were a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely try to add this on one of my favorite vegan desserts recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's too funny about the cinnamon and chocolate - I don't think my palate notices either way :) Thanks for the tip on the quick cooking oats, I'll give that a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.