Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TWD - Chocolate Pots de Creme

Pots de Creme.  That's French for apply directly to hips.  This is no ordinary pudding.  There are 6 egg yolks and 3 cups of cream/ milk in this small recipe.  As rich as it is, it's even more addictive.  It's hard to stop at one serving, but I dare you to get through a second without feeling woozy.

It was the perfect way to end the month.  If every day of February was a sunless, grinding slog, every spoonful of pot de creme was a rich silky soothing balm.

Many thanks to Christine of Black Cat Cooking for picking this recipe.  Go to her blog and copy this recipe.  Every year has a February and, at least once, you will need to eat this dessert to celebrate its end.

12 comments:

  1. That post truly made me laugh! Your pots-de-creme looks fabulous! I hope to get to mine tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little chocolate shavings on top! And I quite agree: chocolate is a requirement in the grinding slog of February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin hates chocolate but he loved this! It was so yummy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather here has been awful so I, too, am looking forward to brighter days. I topped mine with a litle whipped cream and now I wish I would have added chocolate shavings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% agreed - this was one soothing dessert! straight to the hips lol.
    Buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - I agree with the "apply directly to the hips" comment. I am glad that these made your February brighter - here comes the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad I didn't make this. It looks so divine--been reading Fancy Nancy to the grandkids! Better make it soon. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sure, put it in perspective for me. I made 1/4 the recipe and doing it that way talked myself in to thinking it's really not that bad--3 oz. milk/cream each, only one yolk, a little sugar and some good-for-you dark chocolate. sigh
    Must run faster on treadmill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad february is over. Bring on spring! and more pots de creme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was indeed the ultimate balm for the end of February...but as for feeling woozy after a second serving, I wanted a third! (My pots de creme were a bit smaller than specified, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pots de creme look delicious!! Glad this turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my case, it is apply directly to butt and stomach...I loved this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.