Tuesday, May 10, 2011

TWD - Basic Marbled Loaf Cake and Brown Sugar Bundt Cake

What a delicious couple of weeks it's been.  So many new cakes to taste.  This marble loaf recipe made perfect nibbling while watching the royal wedding.  I knew it was going to be good, so I made two variations. 

Pictured above is the chocolate and orange cake.  Always a delicious combination.  Below is my cardamom and espresso variation.  I will now always remember that cardamom infuses any flavour you put beside it.  Nonetheless, both cakes were heartily enjoyed.

Thanks to Carol of The Bake More blog for choosing this recipe.  The complete recipe is available on her site.  I see two elephants kissing in this cake slice.  What do you see?
 
This week's recipe is Brown Sugar Bundt cake.  I will add this one to my repetoire.  The cake is a lovely moist base for a variety of options.  Of course I chose too many and then the cake started to fall apart when I cut it. 

Along with brown sugar, the main batter ingredient is ground walnuts.  The texture is great.  I wanted to use pears, as Dorie recommended.  Since I had only canned, I wiped them off carefully, but they still added maybe too much moisture to the cake.  I finished the cake off with a bittersweet chocolate glaze.  Then company arrived and I almost forgot to snap a photo. 

The amazing Peggy of Pantry Revisited chose this recipe.  Please go and grab it.  You'll want to try this one very soon.


16 comments:

  1. That's some gorgeous marbling, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job marbling your cakes! I really liked the cardamom version. And the brown sugar cake was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your marbling is perfect and I do see and love the kissing elephants! GREAT stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some fabulous marbling you have there! It has the "wow" factor. And your brown sugar cake looks delicious. Thank you so much for baking along with me this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right the cake was wonderful ! I love the kissing slices, did you see my swn last week ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see an upside down bell. The marbling business is so unpredictable--maybe that's why it's so much fun. Yours turned out great in the top picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bittersweet chocolate glaze...mmmm! And I totally see the elephants kissing in the marble cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do see the elephants! That is a beautiful cake.
    Dorie has so many good bundts. Choices, choices. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you possibly have too many additions.

    The elephants aren't pink are they cause I see them and I haven't had anything to drink in years. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, all your cakes look good (and I can see the elephants, but I also see a face). I think the Bundt with pears and a chocolate glaze would be wonderful. I made a hazelnut version and it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they look great the chocolate orange looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cakes are both wonderful. This is my first visit to your blog and I've been browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kissing elephants are too cute! Love it. Awesome looking desserts, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the two elephants kissing! SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute kissing elephants. All the cakes sound delicious (especially the espresso-cardamom cake, which I also tried).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I saw the elephants even before I read the post! Both cakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.