Tuesday, June 7, 2011

TWD - Blueberry-Brown Sugar Plain Cake


Lovely classic square cake.  Flavourful with perfect light texture.  Plain - never.  This one disappeared almost before I could snap the photo.  I forgot to cover the blueberries in flour so they sank.  That didn't take away from the pleasure of enjoying this cake.

The recipe this week was chosen by the enthusiastic Cindy of the blog Everyday Insanity.  She's wonderful dedicated blogger.  Please go grab the recipe, then become a regular visitor to the blog.

11 comments:

  1. Mine sank, too, but you're right - still delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind! My berries found their way to the bottom of the pan as well. But it was excellent just the same. Beautiful photo. Thanks for taking the time to bake along with me this week. Do have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all plain, and really delicious. Beautiful presentation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks so lovely with the flowers! It sounds like this was quite a hit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers with the cake....so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sunken berries - whatever - this cake still was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as it had blueberries it didn't matter where they ended up. Looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even with a coating of flour my blueberries sank to the bottom of the cake - you definitely weren't alone :) Glad it was a hit there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty with the flowers and powdered sugar! I coated my blueberries in flour and they still sank. Still good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dorie must be proud of you. I had such a good time, checking, your first half dozen posts. I think you like Dorie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cake and flowers too! I really liked this one, and will be making it with blueberries soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.