Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TWD - Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins and More!

 Call it muffin or call it cupcake - just don't spend too long talking because while you debate, someone else will eat the whole plate.  I loved the not-too-sweet batter of these.  It allowed for many sweet additions.  I used half a cup each of white and dark mini chocolate chips and a quarter cup of skor pieces.  Or you could follow Dorie's pictured choice and simply dollop on some jam.  The recipe is on Bridget's blog The Way the Cookie Crumbles.  It's a keeper.

Here are last week's Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies.  These weren't a favourite.  Neither here nor there, even with my addition of peanut butter chips.  Spike of Spike Bakes has the recipe and she came up with the great idea to use them in an ice cream sandwich.  That would work perfectly.  I wish I'd thought of it.

 Date Nut Loaf.  I had neither dates nor walnuts, so I softened Mission figs in hot water and chopped up some pecans and voila!  This was a delicious loaf.  Good fresh, it was great toasted the next morning.  Now this is a breakfast food I could get used to.  Thanks to  Mary at Popsicles and Sandy Feet for this recipe choice.

Finally, here's a rewind.  Does anyone remember the Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise of two years ago?  I love a dacquoise but the combination of pineapple and white chocolate in this recipe was just too much.  I recently remade it using rhubarb.  Rhubarb provided an excellent balance to the sweetness of the cake.  It was a winner!

13 comments:

  1. I made the muffins, skipped the cookies and ran out of time for the loaf cake. And I know I skipped the dacquoise, too. Might get to the loaf cake soon, since all of the ingredients are here, waiting to be used. The muffins were good, though. I added white chocolate as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.... what a treat of all the twd bakes! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! The muffins were excellent, I like your additions. I never made the chocolate cookies, probably won't either.
    The Date Nut Bread, well, I'm in love with it! One of my new Dorie favorites.
    I never made the Dacquoise, but the addition of rhubarb sounds tempting.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great catch-up post! I have never made the pineapple dacquoise, but wish I had now that I see yours. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many yummy things... I don't know what to look at first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your muffin mix-ins sound great! I never made the dacquoise, but yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking with puppy dog eyes at the muffin with the cream on top ... The rhubarb dacquoise looks very majestic - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at all of your yummy treats! The dacquoise was one of my favorites, it looks gorgeous with the rhubarb you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muffins. Ditto. Good
    Cookies. Ditto. Meh.
    Fig loaf. Ditto. Good
    Dacquoise = I really need to make one some day!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the multiple goodies! The muffins were good, weren't they? The cookies from last week did not get finished here. I loved the dacquoise. That was a challenging recipe, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice round up. Now your muffin looks great! Mine were dry and crumbly.
    Way to make the dacquoise! I skipped that one back when.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The CIM/CAM Student Loans People qualifications are well respected, as are
    the practical courses run by organisations such as e-consultancy.
    There is no denying that Similac has a financial
    interest in our thinking too hard about. There are the majority
    of companies that are successful in working things on your own sites and be
    sure to tell everyone.

    Also visit my web site; Private Student Loans for People

    ReplyDelete
  13. If shaving how to get rid of acne prone skin.
    However, once you have a bacteria problem. The rumor is baseless,
    and is proven to work well in people that have been screened
    in their various stages of their life, adolescence,
    is such a thing as safe tanning?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.