Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TWD - Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie

Even before it was cut, this pie was a winner.The aroma of softly cooked squash and pears with brown sugar called to my family.
We dived in and weren't disappointed.  The flavour was like a delicate pumpkin.  A perfect warm sweet for the oncoming cold nights.

Thanks to Valerie of the blog Une Gamine dans la Cuisine for choosing this perfect pie.

Now, do you want to see what happened to my trusty Cuisinart blade while making the pie crust?  After ten hardworking years, it split apart.  A steel blade.  Impressive, eh?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't think that a steel blade would just snap off like that - overworked with all of Dorie's pastry LOL. Your pie looks terrific - glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry your blade broke...especially on a recipe that I chose. But 10 years is quite a good run, I think the engine on mine is about to die after only 2.

    Your pie looks luscious and chunky and perfect! Thank you so much for baking with me this week, and for sacrificing a beloved kitchen appliance. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, I can't believe the blade to your FP split like that. Sort of scary!

    Your pie looks wonderful, I'm so intrigued by the combination of flavors in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't believe your blade broke like that--and doing a pie crust? Glad you were able to get the pie made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie looks lovely! It's making me wish I'd made this recipe. In case you didn't know, Cuisinart sells individual parts on their website. I lost the stem that holds the graters and it was easily replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blade is trying to steal the show from that fantastic pie and it just can't do that. Lovely pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! crazy. At least you enjoyed the last pie dough made with that blade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pie! I loved this one! You must send your blade to Cuisinart-I'm sure they have never seen that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Pie. Still trying to decide if we liked it or not! Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.