Monday, October 31, 2016

CHOCOLATE CREME SANDWICHES

We're back!  Dorie Greenspan has a new cookbook and I've revived this blog to celebrate the release.
Who can resist a title like Dorie's Cookies?  It made my heart sing and my mouth water.
The first recipe is a classic:  chocolate wafers and a creamy centre. 
Beginning here was like diving into the deep end.  I spent a full three hours creating two dozen of these babies.  I'm tired, almost overwhelmed but very satisfied.  These are the perfect chocolate wafer; crisp, rich and a little salty.  To the crème filling, I added 1/3 of a cup of freeze dried strawberries.  Delicious!

The recipe for this cookie can be found here.
I plan to bake along with the group and post a new recipe on the first and third Tuesday of the month.  I hope you'll follow me!

12 comments:

  1. Bravo for creating all those cute little wafers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the strawberries. I loved these... really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Your sandwiches look great! I love that you added strawberries to the creme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I can taste the salt in these. Even my boys like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look delicious and scrumptious! I love the title of the book too so it's fun to read your riff on it, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice twist on this recipe. Welcome back to the group. I think it is going to be fun baking all these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, dusting off my TWD parts of my blog as well. Cookies seem like a good way to go when there is just the two of us at home now. Yours look so good...3 hours, huh? I better get started earlier than "well, it's Tuesday and I need to get posted before midnight" usual scenario...lol. Yours are a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The freeze dried strawberries in the filling sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to start making my way through Dorie's Cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I think it's hard to resist the lure of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cookies look and sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.