Tuesday, December 6, 2016

CHRISTMAS SPICE COOKIES

I like my baking simplified.  A single recipe that I can make in a large batch and freeze in portions until needed.  Today's recipe from Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook Dorie's Cookies, fills the bill.  This is her Do Almost Anything Vanilla Cookie Dough all gussied up for the holidays. 
I can be over zealous and so, rolled the dough out too thin, which meant they only needed half the stated time in the oven.
They were delicious!  I can't wait to experiment with the rest of the dough.
You can find this recipe on page 236 of Dorie's Cookies.

13 comments:

  1. I did the pfefferneusse. Cannot wait to try these next, yours are so pretty and festive! The cookies look perfect and not too thin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sold me the idea of making the cookie dough using a do-everything basic recipe and playing around with variations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours look so festive! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look absolutely happy and christmasy! Im looking forward to making them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty festive photos...they look beautiful. I hope mine turn out that nicely. :-) I love the cookie cutter you used as it reminds me of one we had as children and that I still have to this day. I might have to use that one as well, for the fun and wonderful Christmas memories of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies are very festive looking! Lovely! I'm looking forward to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hindy, in response to your comment, I responded with this: Lol...when the boys were at home still, I would put them in the freezer with the boxes labeled "Chicken Parts" and they never bothered to check, because, really, who wants to help themselves to chicken parts??? lol Good times, good memories. I wonder if it is safe to lose those boxes now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so much smarter than me! I'm stealing this.

      Delete
  8. I am glad that you liked them, I look forward to making them next. I like your festive stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, your star cookie is so pretty. No cookies from me this week - next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I'm looking forward to trying these. Dorie's 'Do Anything' doughs are terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who leaves a comment! I love reading them all.